At Wales For Europe, we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal information in accordance with data protection law.
What information do we collect?
We collect basic information about you, including:
- Email address (required as a minimum)
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Electoral constituency
How is your information shared?
- If you fall in the geographic area of one of our branches, your information will be passed on to the respective branches
The data you provide will be retained by the Wales For Europe (“the data holders”) in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By providing your data to us, you are also asked to explicitly give your consent to the data holders making contact with you in the future by email or direct mail. Your data will not be sold or given to anyone not connected to the Wales For Europe campaign.
Your credit/debit card information
- When you make a donation to us through this website, it is done through PayPal
- We do not retain your payment details
- Cookies are small files, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when you access certain websites or emails. Cookies allow a website to recognise your device. Cookies allow us to make the website easier to use, to provide you with a more personalised experience and to guard against malicious activities. You can remove or block cookies by changing the settings in your browser, but the functionality of the website may be affected
- There are two broad categories of cookie, “session” and “persistent” cookies:
- Session cookies are deleted when you close your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc.). They keep track of your visit to the site but do not remember you if you return
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer until they expire. This can be a fixed time after you have visited the website (e.g. one year) or a particular date (e.g. 31 December 2015). These cookies are used to remember information between visits to a website.
- Our site uses both session and persistent cookies
- You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website. The information collected by Google Analytics helps us to understand how people use our website, what technologies they use, whether they have followed a link or carried out a search to find the site and which pages are most popular. It does not give us individually identifiable information about your interaction with the site
- Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other information held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of information about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above
- To find out more about the Google Analytics cookie and to reject or delete this cookie, you can visit the Google Privacy site at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
- We may disclose your information to service providers outside the European Economic Area (for example Google, in the US). In those circumstances, we will ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place to protect your information.
Third Party Websites
Controlling your information
- If the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, you would like access to your information or to be unsubscribed from our campaigns, or have any other questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you have any questions relating to this policy, please address them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wales For Europe is the successor to the official Remain campaign in Wales, Wales Stronger In Europe, for the 2016 Referendum on EU Membership.