About Wales for Europe
Wales for Europe is an independent, cross-party and non-party, collaborative grassroots organisation. We campaign to maintain a close relationship with Europe in all aspects of life, and to promote friendship and collaboration between Wales and our European neighbours.
- Our aims are:
– To promote close cooperation between Wales and the European Union and their citizens in all areas of life in order to promote peace, prosperity and friendship in Europe and address shared challenges and opportunities;
– To promote and support the rights of EU citizens who live and work in Wales and the UK.
Since 2016, a network of local grassroots activist groups has developed across Wales as part of the Wales for Europe movement. These local groups are the lifeblood of our activities and campaign.
This is a pivotal time for our movement as the consequences of Brexit become increasingly apparent. Much work has been done to strengthen our organisation over the last 18 months, including formalising our relationship with European Movement across the UK.
We will be appointing a new Chair at our AGM in November 2021 and are seeking a dynamic individual to lead us in the next important phase of our work.
If you are interested in discussing the role, please contact email@example.com . To express your interest in this role, please send a short statement outlining your relevant experience, motivation and any other information you feel it would be useful for the panel to know.
Deadline for nominations: Monday 11 th October
Hustings event: Monday October 18 th
NB All nominations must be supported by six Wales for Europe Supporters. The final decision about the appointment will be made by Wales for Europe’s Branch leaders and Directors.
Role description and person specification
- The role:
– To provide effective leadership and guidance for the European cause in Wales, in a way that will grow its impact and membership
– To lead in ensuring that the organisation’s vision is always far-seeing and relevant, and an inspiration to its members and branches and the wider public
– To Chair the Board of Directors of Wales for Europe
– To represent Wales within the UK-wide pro-European campaigning movement
– To represent the views of the organisation in dealings with media, government, business and civil society on a cross-party basis
- The successful candidate will have:
– Knowledge of and familiarity with the main issues surrounding the UK’s relationship with the EU, especially as they pertain to Wales
– Familiarity with the contours of politics in Wales and an ability to engage on a cross-party basis
– Strong communication skills and the ability to engage within and beyond the movement
– An ability to build supportive coalitions and networks
– The appetite and skill to lead and motivate a volunteer movement
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the role and for any further information.
Wales for Europe is a Company limited by guarantee, number 12615465